Over the years, adult skin is slowly losing the crucial substance responsible for its elasticity and tension, namely hyaluronic acid.
Reducing the amount of this extremely significant component is manifested by wrinkled skin and visible wrinkles, some of them can be pretty deep. The skin lacks its youthful colour and glow.
- As regards aesthetic medicine hyaluronic acid is for filling and compensating for imperfections of the skin and subcutaneous tissue.
- Treatments involves applying the preparation in proper area and at the depth appropriate for this procedure.
- The use of the filler is aimed at increasing the volume (for example: vermillion border), eliminating and reducing wrinkles (for example, nasolabial furrows) as well as alternating facial features (for example, lifting the eyebrows, correcting the nose).
Fillers (hyaluronic acid) offer safe and permanent aesthetic correction which lasts for 6 to 12 months. Within this period the amount of hyaluronic acid is gradually reduced until it is totally absorbed. The advantage of this treatment is a significant improvement in the quality of the skin due to the regeneration of intercellular structures, improvement of elasticity and its tension despite the absorption of the preparation.
Description of the procedure
Preparations based on hyaluronic acid are injected using a very thin needle or microcannula. Both options contain anesthetic agent.
Described procedure takes place after prior local anesthesia using special cream or dental anesthetic. The effects of the procedure are visible immediately. This option does not change facial expressions. It only significantly improves the aesthetics of the face and makes correcting many skin defects possible.
Similarly to any other type of injection slight swelling, redness or bruising can occur. These symptoms should disappear after a few days.
Indications for using hyaluronic acid
- Volumetric modelling of the cheeks, the area of the jowl and the temple.
- Contouring, moisturizing and enhancing the lips.
- Filling and correction of nasolabial sulcus.
- Chin modelling.
- Correction and shaping the nose.
- Correction of the falling corners of the mouth.
- Filling wrinkles around the eye.
- Filling the horizontal wrinkles of the forehead.
- Filling hands.
Recommendations before and after treatment
Prior to the procedure the patient is to avoid therapeutic substances (such as aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs, vitamin E) for a period of 2 weeks as this could affect blood flow. This aims at reducing the risk of hematoma.
Areas subjected to the treatment should not be exposed to excessive light (sun tanning, being exposed to the sun, laser) as well as intense cold.
What is more, it is advisable to refrain from intense physical activity for a few days after undergoing the procedure.